Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yummies

So, I found myself in possession of a huge sack of boneless skinless chicken breasts and a whole head full of cooking ideas. Today, I shall lighten the over-all tone of this blog by sharing one such idea.

After thawing out two chicken breasts...well...one, but the fucker's large enough that it looks like it ate one of the others so I cut it in half, I decided to marinate it. So, I looked in my pantry and decided to pull a marinade out of thin air and ended up mixing in a small bowl;

  • Dry Sherry
  • White Vinegar
  • Sweet basil leaves
  • Rosemary
  • Minced garlic
  • Italian seasoning
  • A pinch of salt

Mix well and marinade in a medium sized ziplock bag or a large bowl.

No, I don't have measurements because I didn't measure. I just eyeballed it, but it's a cheap enough marinade that you can season to taste. The most expensive part is the Sherry. I'll update this later tonight with a result of how it turns out.

*ADDENDUM*

It turns out that it is a good recipe. If you do it right you'll get a sharp taste of Sherry that's complimented by the herbs. I had the chicken with potatoes au gratin and fresh green beans boiled and seasoned with chopped onion, minced garlic and a pat of butter. Boil the water for the green beans and add the garlic, butter and onion to it and let it boil for a while to let the flavors mix before adding the green beans, if you care to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment