Sunday, July 17, 2011

Security of Felony Sexual Abuse

It seems that a Colorado woman is facing jail-time after groping a TSA agent. Now, I'll say this, I've never once been a fan of the TSA and I'm even less of a fan of sexual abuse so with that in mind, I have only this to say:

Nice Job.

I view the TSA as a knee-jerk reaction to fear. Fear of what? Terrorists, of course. Why be scared of terrorists? Because they want to kill you! Why do they want to kill you? Because! ...umm...hmm...for the lulz? And in all of this, how effective has the TSA been? Well, they've been fixated on explosives. And they caught the undie bomber...or something. But let us harken back to the ye olde days just about ten years ago. September 11th, 2001. Did those guys have bombs? No, they had fucking box cutters. So if the TSA makes you feel so damn safe, using those full body scanners to take a nudie shot of you and then going to have a little fun alone time with that picture of you, then it may interest you to know that the "security" they provide is false security.

As you all may have heard, Adam Savage managed to (unintentionally) outwit the TSA with two 12-inch razor blades. And recently, a woman mistakenly carried a 3-inch long knife with her through TSA checkpoints twice. TSA, you don't make me feel safer, you make me feel humiliated both with the invasions to my personal space and the international embarrassment you've become. So, frankly, I'm glad you're getting groped right back. What you've been doing to us is no less than sexual abuse to give us the illusion of safety that you can't even provide.

I believe James Madison once said: "If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."

And to quote Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

No comments:

Post a Comment