Sunday, July 3, 2011

Question for the Libertarians

Now, I admit, my views on libertarianism are no secret. *cough, cough*




But whatever I may feel on the subject (mocking laughter, for instance), I want to ask one serious question. Knowing the basic views of the ideal, I can't help but wonder if the typical libertarian would support the Clean Diamond Trade Act. The CDTA was written to help curb the importation and sale of rough diamonds from Sierra Leone and Liberia, better known to the world as Conflict Diamonds.

Conflict Diamonds are mined in areas where heavy fighting is going on to sell or barter in order to continue to finance a war effort or insurgency or just to help support the local warlord. Knowing that could you, in good conscience, not support the CDTA?

No comments:

Post a Comment