Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Trump's (lack of) Charity

According to an article from The Smoking Gun, Donald Trump is the most miserly billionaire. This in itself, does not surprise me, nor does it surprise me that Trump's foundation gave more money to Golf Foundations than it did to the American Cancer Society. What does surprise me is the commentators on the article, all of who see this as something positive.

Some people say that this shows that Trump is someone who will put America first over giving money to Third World countries. What it shows me is that Trump is someone who will put himself over America. It shows me that if he gets the chance, he'll do everything he can to shift the burden of the debt off of the richest of Americans and saddle the poor and the middle class with it.

But what really boggles my mind, is how these people can see the evidence laid out in front of them and still go to the voting booths come election day and vote against their own best interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment